Thursday, May 27, 2010

kolelinia Very very cool and just a little crazy.

I've finally tracked this system down. I'm a big fan of minimal systems - the narrower the lane the less weight you carry, the further between columns the cheap the whole system is.  Snd you can't get more minimal than a couple of wires.
I think my basic worry is that any system where you run high up and have to wear a security harness is a challenge to our health and safety culture. Still who am I to throw stones?  This kind of think would be cheap enough  to test out and see how it matches up to reality.

Check out the video for the kolelinio - they have a really nifty mechanism to keep things attached while going over wire attachment points.  Talk about elegance !




kolelinia core sysytem from kolelinia.com on Vimeo.

Naturally the thing I am most envious of is their marketing ability. This one got on to a stream of TED talks and in Wired. How did they manage that!

No comments:

Post a Comment