A very eloquent and informative review of cycling in London. I think it makes every argument that we have made on the blog. My take-home notes on this are.
- We need to put cycle routes in where they are needed.
- So we need tools to figure out where cycling is needed.
- The failure of the Norman Foster scheme and Stevenage is that it's taking advantage whats avaiable not what is nessassasry.
- I'm not sure about the push argument.
- Naturally, with systems like the Shweeb ( cycle monorail) you can introduce huge capacity where you need it.